After a long day all you sometimes need is to relax with a classic cupcake with cuttercream icing. Indulgence at its finest.
- 110g magerine
- 110g caster sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 110g Self raising flour
- 1-2 tbsp milk
- 140g butter
- 280g icing sugar
- 1-2 tsp milk
- Preheat oven to gas mark 4, and line cupcake tin.
- Cream sugar and margarine until pale. Then add the beaten eggs slowly with the vanilla essence.
- Then fold in the self raising flour, and mix . Pour milk in to the mixture.
- Finally spoon the mixture into the lined cupcake tin, and put into the oven for 10-15 minutes
- While the cupcakes bake in the oven, start on the icing. First beat the softened butter/margarine (whichever you’re using) then add in the icing sugar . Once the mixture is beaten and has no lumps, add in milk to soften the mixture.
- Leave the icing aside, and take the cupcakes out of the oven. Leave to cool.
- Then ice, sprinkle and enjoy.